Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to connect remote database using forms 6i? (Windows XP)
How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #420900] Thu, 03 September 2009 03:00 Go to next message
itztamr
Dear all,

I installed oracle 10g and developed simple software using
forms 6i. Its working well as a stand alone system.

I want to share it in network. so I installed forms 6i as oracle client , copied the tnsnames.ora from the oracle installation pth to forms installation path.(inside NET80/Admin folder)

When i try to connect with user name and password , it comes ORA-12203 Unable to connect to destination.

I checked LSNRCTL in the database machine, it is listening.

Hope u understand my question? Appreciate your help..

Thanks in advance

Tam.R ( Kuwait)
icon3.gif  Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #421769 is a reply to message #420900] Thu, 10 September 2009 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitesh-Jyotirmay

You are using 10g as database and 6i as a client.As far as i know it is not possible to call a higher version into lower version.. If u want to continue with this use converter. There is facility in 10g client to call the lower version forms by migrating.
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #421946 is a reply to message #420900] Sat, 12 September 2009 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itztamr
Dear Nitesh,

Thanks for your reply. But i am able to call 10g(forms 6i,oracle 10g database) in my system.

only thing when i try to access the database from other systems the problem rises...

I will appreciate if u could elaborate your solution...
Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Tam.R
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #421967 is a reply to message #421946] Sat, 12 September 2009 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"
// *Cause: Invalid address specified or destination is not listening.
// This error can also occur because of underlying network or network
// transport problems.
// *Action: Verify that the net service name you entered was correct.
// Verify that the ADDRESS portion of the connect descriptor which
// corresponds to the net service name is correct.  Ensure that the
// destination process (for example the listener) is running at the
// remote node.

Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #421969 is a reply to message #420900] Sat, 12 September 2009 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
These kinds of errors are pretty generic (as the error message indicates). There could be lots of reasons why you are not connecting. It might be something simple or it might be difficult to diagnose.

For a simple solution, try searching your file system for tnsnames.ora. Maybe you have more than one in which case my money is on you are looking at the wrong file. Also, read up on TNS_ADMIN environment variable for for information.

In a difficult situation, the software you are connecting with (e.g. sqlnet client or whatever) is not compatible with 10g.

Good luck, Kevin
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #422015 is a reply to message #421967] Sun, 13 September 2009 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itztamr
Thanks everyone... i attach my tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files in oracle installation folder which i copied in the remote forms folder.. just have a glance..suggest me whats wrong.

TNSNAMES.ORA

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

ORACLE2 =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.1.1.25)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = oracle2)
)
)

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)

SQLNET.ORA

# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
# install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
# authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

I am getting 12203 error.. Listener is running on the server side...

Thanks for all your replies again...

Best Regards,
Tam.R ( Kuwait)

Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #422020 is a reply to message #422015] Sun, 13 September 2009 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
12203, 00000, "TNS:unable to connect to destination"
// *Cause: Invalid address specified or destination is not listening.
// This error can also occur because of underlying network or network
// transport problems.
// *Action: Verify that the net service name you entered was correct.
// Verify that the ADDRESS portion of the connect descriptor which
// corresponds to the net service name is correct.  Ensure that the
// destination process (for example the listener) is running at the
// remote node.
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #422131 is a reply to message #422015] Mon, 14 September 2009 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
google ora-12203

ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination

Kevin
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #422200 is a reply to message #422131] Tue, 15 September 2009 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamran.it
I think first you try to connect your 10G database from client machine if this connect then you should copy the .ora files in forms6i.
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #423068 is a reply to message #422200] Tue, 22 September 2009 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please use the 'tns_admin' method. Search this forum for 'tns_admin'.

David
Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #423239 is a reply to message #423068] Wed, 23 September 2009 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itztamr
Dear All,

Thanks everyone..

Finally it worked..

My database installed PC's firewall is ON.

After turning it off,remote system is able to connect to that...

Thanks Mr.David... ( I got this idea when i search for tns_admin)

Best Regards,
Tam.R ( Kuwait)

Re: How to connect remote database using forms 6i? [message #545248 is a reply to message #423239] Tue, 28 February 2012 02:19 Go to previous message
tanveerall

Dear all,

I was also getting the same issue. I resolved the issue by turning off the firewall installed at Oracle database server.

After that my clients with forms 6i started connecting the database server normally with no problem.

Tanveer Ahmad
Previous Topic: about report in fusion middleware
Next Topic: how to get all open forms in runtime?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 06 15:28:00 CDT 2024